Data Analysis for Decision Making
In today’s world, managerial decisions are increasingly based on data-driven models and analysis using statistical and optimization methods that have dramatically changed the way businesses operate in most domains including service operations, marketing, transportation, and finance.
The main objectives of this course are the following:
- Introduce fundamental techniques towards a principled approach for data-driven decision-making.
- Quantitative modeling of dynamic nature of decision problems using historical data, and
- Learn various approaches for decision-making in the face of uncertainty
Business Analytics MicroMasters® Programme
University of Maryland's MicroMasters® programme in Business Analytics will empower learners with the skills, insights and understanding to improve business performance using data, statistical and quantitative analysis, and explanatory and predictive modelling to help make actionable decisions.
Analytics in Python
Learn the fundamentals of programming in Python and develop the ability to analyse data and make data-driven decisions.
Data, Models and Decisions in Business Analytics
Learn fundamental tools and techniques for using data towards making business decisions in the face of uncertainty.
Develop quantitative models that leverage business data to forecast sales and support important marketing decisions.
Demand and Supply Analytics
Learn how to use data to develop insights and predictive capabilities to make better business decisions.
Undergraduate probability, statistics and linear algebra. Students should have working knowledge of Python and familiarity with basic programming concepts in some procedural programming language.
No Need to Travel
21 July 2019
8-10 hrs effort per week/module
- How to separate randomness from truly correlated and potentially causative variables.
- How to determine if certain variables (e.g., your firm’s spending on advertising or sales personnel) are related to or are driving other variables (e.g., your sales)
- How to generate forecasts of future demand, and how trends, seasonality, and extreme events, along with random noise impact our ability to predict the future
- How to effectively visualize these relationships using the latest in data visualization tools
The MBA Core Curriculum MicroMasters® programme from the University of Maryland includes the following courses:
Learn key marketing strategies and tactics to help your company develop products that match customers' needs, create awareness and demand for those products, and drive sales
Leadership and Influence
Develop the skills to motivate and inspire others so you can confidently lead your organisation to success.
Financial accounting is the language of business. Learn to effectively interpret financial information to make sound decisions and confidently communicate to other leaders in your firm and with potential investors, shareholders, and creditors.
Data Analysis for Decision Making
Use data analysis to gather critical business insights, identify market trends before your competitors, and gain advantages for your business.
Strategic and Transformational IT
Learn about the explosion of technologies that are transforming business and how to strategically leverage technologies to maximise the value – and minimise the risk – to your firm.
Develop the ability to identify and resource high-value strategic initiatives and ensure a high rate of return for your firm's investments.
Global Business Strategy
Learn how to capitalise on opportunities, and manage the challenges of the global marketplace, and leverage this dynamic environment for long-term value.